Here are some important details that you need to know as a volunteer in the casino.
- A volunteer General Manager(s) from your organization will manage your casino.
- An experienced, licensed casino advisor in both the cash cage and the count room will provide training, support and assistance. We are well versed in the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission Casino terms and conditions and operating guidelines and we are here to help you.
- The Casino Games Manager and the trained professional staff will provide assistance to the volunteers as they carry out their various duties.
- Upon arrival at the casino you will be greeted, signed in, and given a name tag to wear at all times (date, position, and first name only.)
- You cannot fill any more than one position for the duration of the casino, however you can work as many shifts as you wish.
- Dress is business casual (be wary of the air conditioning). No jeans, T-shirts, shorts or athletic wear please.
- Volunteering at the casino is safe, easy and fun.
- You will get time for breaks and meals. The dining room is available for you to order snacks and meals. All you have to do is sign for it. Special food (i.e., diabetics, etc.) is possible if the kitchen is notified in advance.
- Please, no outside food or beverages are allowed to be brought into the facility.
- There is ample parking for volunteers. The casino is protected by security systems including cameras and alarms. You will be walked to your car if you wish, just ask.
- It is very important to arrive on time for your shift. Your presence at the casino is very important, however, if you will be late or need to cancel, for whatever reason, it is necessary to contact the General Manager.
- No volunteers may play casino games, slots, horse racing, or V.L.T.’s for the duration of the organization’s two-day license at this facility.
- No volunteer may consume alcohol before or during his or her shift.
- The casino industry’s rules and regulations are very strict and must be followed at all times, however, most of the customers are here for entertainment. Enjoy your casino event fund-raiser. The money is going to a wonderful cause.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please ask your casino coordinator.
CHERYL FAVELL ( MCNALLEY) - 780- 456-4706
LINKION BOODRAM - 780-469-8615
CASH CAGE/COUNTROOM ADVISOR SPECIALISTS